Fit Friday - Smoothies and Lunches

Happy Fit Friday from us to you! Ruthie is here with a yummy treat. My husband just went and picked a whole bunch of peaches from my mom's trees, now I know exactly what I want to do with them. After you get that watering mouth under control keep reading for healthy lunch tips as school is quickly coming into session.

Peaches and Cream Chia Smoothie is wonderful with summer fresh peaches!  Peaches and Cream Chia Smoothie is wonderful with summer fresh peaches! www.cookingwithruthie.com
 August is National Peach Month so naturally our Peaches and Cream Chia Smoothie have got to be made in celebration!  I love peaches and all the other healthy ingredients that are in this lovely creation.  I think you'll totally love it too!!   Peaches and Cream Chia Smoothie is wonderful with summer fresh peaches! www.cookingwithruthie.com
 Peaches and Cream Chia Smoothie of course have peaches, vanilla fat-free greek yogurt, oats, and chia seeds with splash of half and half to add just the right amount of creaminess!  :)  Love Smoothies??? Check out our other Smoothie Recipes too! Peaches and Cream Chia Smoothie is wonderful with summer fresh peaches! www.cookingwithruthie.com

Peaches and Cream Chia Smoothie

Recipe Type: Breakfast
Author: Ruthie
Prep time:
Total time:
Serves: 2
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup half and half
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1 fresh peach, skin on and pit removed
  • 1 1/2 cups ice
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Serve and Enjoy!

Peaches and Cream Chia Smoothie is a must-try this summer when the peaches are fresh from the trees. 

Summer is coming to an end at my house. In some ways we are a bit saddened, it flew by without us accomplishing all the summer fun we had hoped for but in many ways I am ready. I am ready for the kids to get back on a schedule. I am ready for me to get back onto a schedule. At my house that also means I need to start packing school lunches again. My oldest has allergies so buying school lunch is not an option for her and since we are already making one lunch we might as well make another one for my other school aged child.

Through the years I have seen plenty of Pintrest pages with these adorable lunches that look so healthy and yummy. I love that these moms go out of their way to pack super healthy lunches, lunches that I know my kids would not eat.

Today we are talking tips on making those yummy and healthy lunches. Fit kids....fit families...all a part of a fit you!

Healthy Lunch Tips

1) Get your kids involved. This can include taking your kiddos to the grocery store. Give them options. And have your kiddos help pack their lunch. The more they are a part of it the more likely they are to eat it.

2) Turn healthy foods into fun foods. Use cookie cutters to make fun sandwich shapes. Or make the whole lunch into a theme.

3) Make your own snacks and limit the processed ones. We love to make our own lunchables at our house. Ants on Log are also a favorite.

4) Be sure to include all the food groups. My kiddos sometimes forget that there are food groups outside of bread, cheese, and ham. And it is easy to stick to those basics, but I have found that if I give them enough options we can find a fruit and/or veggie they will eat.

5) Encourage hydration. Whenever kids water bottles are on sale I buy three or four, I have found if the kids have their own bottle and its a "cutesie" one they are more likely to carry it around and actually drink from it.

School is back along with the best of intentions! Wish me luck!

Have an awesome Fit Friday! 
Much Love and Peace~ Nichole and Ruthie

Comments