Mini BBQ Chicken Pizza is a quick and easy dinner that your kids will love! Yum!! Mini BBQ Chicken Pizza is so fun to make! Get your kids in on the creation of these cute little pizzas! My kids used to love to help me make french bread pizza and I know they would of loved to help me make these Mini BBQ Chicken Pizza as well! Also check out these different kinds of french bread pizzas for another fun kids dinner... Alfredo Chicken French Bread Pizza and BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza!! :)
Mini BBQ Chicken Pizza
Recipe Type: Main
- BBQ Chicken Slow Cooker:
- 4-5 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Mini Pizza's:
- 8 whole grain sandwich thins, separated in two (16 halves)
- olive oil
- 3-4 cups BBQ chicken, prepared as directed
- 1-2 cups lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red onion, small diced
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves, rough chopped
- serve with additional bbq sauce and cilantro leaves if desired
- Coat ceramic insert of slow cooker with cooking spray, turn to high.
- Add chicken breasts, combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl, pour over chicken.
- Cover with lid and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
- Shred with 2 forks, place chicken back in the juices in slow cooker so it remains moist.
- Mini Pizzas:
- Preheat oven to high broil.
- Place 6 sandwich thins on cookie sheet, drizzle with small amount olive oil, toast for 1-2 minutes watching carefully so as not to burn.
- (repeat for additional pizza's or reserve and make two meals out of it)
- Place 1/2 cup prepared bbq chicken on each pizza, sprinkle with cheese, return to broil 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with addtional BBQ sauce and cilantro if desired
Mini BBQ Chicken Pizza make your weekend dinner simple and healthy!
2) Embrace the power of 10. No more using the excuse that you don't have time. Make time! Even if 30 minutes isn't happening all at once you can find 10 minutes a couple times a day. If you still are struggling to wrap your brain around 10 minutes you need to rethink some priorities...or get a dog.
3) It's not just about cardio, strength training is good for your heart too.
4) De-stress! Find a healthy form of relaxation and embrace it.
5) Enjoy a heart healthy diet. This includes healthy fats, lots of veggies, whole grains, and low fat proteins.
Take care of your heart!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~ Nichole and Ruthie