Swiss and Pepper Portabella Frittata is a fun way to serve up breakfast or brunch in just a few simple steps and a couple minutes in the oven... if you love mushrooms then you'll adore this recipe!
Swiss and Pepper Portabella Frittata is a fun twist on a frittata or country omelet which is basically a omelet that's baked... like our Caprese French Country Omelet and Country French Omelet.
Swiss and Pepper Portabella Frittata is baked right in the portabella mushroom caps with some added swiss cheese, peppers, and red onion! It's so filling and delicious that you've just gotta make some this weekend!
Swiss and Pepper Portabella Frittata
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 6 eggs or 3 whole eggs and 6 egg whites (to reduce fat/cholesterol)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut whole- lengthwise in 1/4 inch slices to form rings
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut whole- lengthwise in 1/4 inch slices to form rings
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove stems and gills on each portabella mushroom- being careful to not damage edge
- (the gills are easily scraped and removed with a grapefruit spoon)
- Place mushrooms on baking sheet bottom side up.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Place 2 tablespoon shredded cheese in the bottom of each mushroom cap.
- Arrange a green pepper slice, red pepper slice, and 1 tablespoon of red onion in each mushroom cap.
- Pour egg mixture into mushroom caps and fill to 3/4 the way full.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if desired
- Bake in oven 15-18 minutes or until eggs a cooked to desired doneness.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Swiss and Pepper Portabella Frittata is a fresh take on eggs for your weekend breakfast or brunch!
There are a lot of workouts out there that have the specific speed listed, I don't believe in that because everyone is different. A pace that is killer for you may be easy breezy for that crazy runner chick on the treadmill next to you. Instead of having a listed speed pay attention to what the workout is for and pay attention to your own body and how hard it is working.
Remember, these workouts are meant to challenge you. Rise to the challenge folks!