Fit Friday - Cornbread and Your Powerhouse

Fit Friday on this beautiful November Friday. Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween and a fantastic start to this new month. Ruthie has brought us another fantastic recipe to add to you list. She is bringing in some great fall flavors today with a yummy cornbread recipe. Then check out my powerhouse workout.

Jalapeno Honey Cornbread is the perfect side dish to your soup as the cold weather sets in!  Jalapeno Honey Cornbread is the perfect side dish to your soup as the cold weather sets in! www.cookingwithruthie.com
Jalapeno Honey Cornbread is fast and easy to make, but tastes like you spent oodles of time on it! The bit of jalepeno kick in this recipe makes it taste amazing.  It takes it right over the top! :)  Jalapeno Honey Cornbread is the perfect side dish to your soup as the cold weather sets in! www.cookingwithruthie.com
 Jalapeno Honey Cornbread is great with all kinds of chili's! Some of our favorites with it are: Elk Chili, Green Chili Black Beans, Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Chili. Enjoy making this Jalapeno Honey Cornbread in either a cast iron skillet for family style or muffin tins for individual servings! Jalapeno Honey Cornbread is the perfect side dish to your soup as the cold weather sets in! www.cookingwithruthie.com
Jalapeno Honey Cornbread
Recipe Type: Appetiser
Author: Ruthie
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 8
Ingredients
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 2 tablespoon honey
  • 4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoon water
  • 2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoon sweet n spicy jalapenos, chopped
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven 450 degrees F.
  2. In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients.
  3. Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet until hot and coats the skillet.
  4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add all remaining ingredients; stir until just combined.
  5. Pour batter into hot skillet and bake 12-18 minutes or until golden brown.
  6. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter, if desired.
  7. Slice and serve. 

Jalapeno Honey Cornbread is not your average cornbread recipe! It has a fabulous jalapeno kick that takes it over the top!

  All right folks, let's talk power house. Why? Because we use our power house, our core, for every movement we do. When I talk core I am not talking about ripped abs and fitting into those perfect jeans. I am talking your power house, I am talking about the spot where all of your energy and movement stem from. Of course those skinny jeans are a bonus, they just aren't the most important reason to do core. I do core to run faster, play longer, pick up my littles ones easier, bring in the groceries, the list goes on and on.

I love power lifts and I know that those strengthen all through my core. But I also will throw in a solid core workout at the end of my run or spin class at least once a week. And when I say a core workout I don't mean 5 minutes of plank and 100 situps, I get bored way before that. I need variety and I need stuff that gives me a challenge I enjoy. Which brings me to the workout for this Fit Friday.

For today's core workout you need 10 minutes and a weighted ball:


Happy Fit Friday!  
Much Love and Peace~ Nichole and Ruthie

Comments