Fit Friday - Salad and Speed

I love a yummy salad! And with artichokes in it I can totally get my girls to grub as well. My little guy is hopeless though, he doesn't eat foods that are mixed, only can handle one food on his plate, and won't try anything new unless under extreme duress. So, I will try this recipe out for the girls in our family. After killing it on the treadmill with some solid speed work!

Artichoke, Sun-dried Tomato, Hummus Salad is reminiscent of the Mediterranean cuisine, packed with flavor, and fabulously healthy!  Artichoke, Sun-dried Tomato, Hummus Salad is reminiscent of the Mediterranean cuisine and fabulously healthy! www.cookingwithruthie.com Artichoke, Sun-dried Tomato, Hummus Salad has all of my absolute FAVORITE things in one salad! I'm obsessed with artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and hummus! I wish I could eat hummus for every meal-- it's just that delicious to me! Artichoke, Sun-dried Tomato, Hummus Salad is reminiscent of the Mediterranean cuisine and fabulously healthy! www.cookingwithruthie.com Artichoke, Sun-dried Tomato, Hummus Salad is a healthy and easy salad to throw together! I like to make a few of these ahead of time and take one to work with me for lunch! This salad reminds me a lot of some other lunches I like to take to work!! BBQ Chicken Spinach Salad is just to die for as well as Apple Cucumber Tossed Salad and Peach Cucumber Mint Salad!! Artichoke, Sun-dried Tomato, Hummus Salad is reminiscent of the Mediterranean cuisine and fabulously healthy! www.cookingwithruthie.com



Artichoke, Sun-dried Tomato, Hummus Salad
Recipe Type: Salad
Author: Ruthie A Knudsen
Prep time:
Total time:
Serves: 2
Ingredients
  • 3 cups mixed power greens
  • 1 cup artichoke hearts
  • 1/2 cup hummus
  • 1/4 cup cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
  • 1/4 cup light feta cheese, crumbled
  • 2 tablespoon olive tapenade
  • Crackers or pita bread wedges for serving
Instructions
  1. Divide greens between 2 serving plates.
  2. Divide remaining ingredients between plates, arranging in a circular pattern with hummus in the center.
  3. Serve with crackers or pita bread wedges.
  4. Enjoy!

Artichoke, Sun-dried Tomato, Hummus Salad will make your work day!

  Wintertime is a great time to jump on the treadmill. The mornings are cold and dark, its a little safer and a lot warmer to head inside and jump on the treadmill. I am one of those individuals that has to get it done early, which means in the winter time I am definitely on the treadmill. Especially after last years conversation with my husband in which I agreed not to run outside by myself in the dark, not the safest thing for this klutz.

So today we are hitting the treadmill with an awesome speed workout. This is a longer one if you do all of the reps, so feel free to do less reps if you are just getting started or if you are a little short on time.

Run hard. Work hard.


Happy Fit Friday! 
Much Love and Peace~ Nichole and Ruthie

Comments