Fit Friday - Overnight Oats and A Happy Self

Figs, Dates, and Nuts Overnight Oats is hearty a will keep you powered up all morning! We are finishing out 2018 right with Fit Friday!! Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is here with us today! Figs, Dates, and Nuts Overnight Oats is hearty a will keep you powered up all morning! www.cookingwithruthie.com Figs, Dates, and Nuts Overnight Oats are quite tasty! This breakfast dish reminds me of my time in Mexico. I tried fresh figs off of a fig tree for the first time ever and I LOVED them. Oh they were so delicious. Since then, I wanted to have my own fig tree in my yard like some of my friends in Mexico do. I haven't had much luck with fulfilling that yet. ;) Figs, Dates, and Nuts Overnight Oats is hearty a will keep you powered up all morning! www.cookingwithruthie.com I'm so pleased that we can finish off 2018 with Figs, Dates, and Nuts Overnight Oats. Thank you so much for a wonderful 2018 here at Cooking with Ruthie. We are grateful to be able to share our love of food, family, travel, life, and more with all of you! We are taking our annual break and will be back on January 4th, 2019 (I can't believe it), to ring in the new year! We have some SUPER exciting news to announce and some fun additions to the blog. We hope that you have the merriest, joy-filled Christmas and New Year. We will be busy baking (duh!!), spending time with family, and enjoying the reason for the season. We sincerely love and appreciate our Cooking with Ruthie family and love what we do. Thanks for being a part of it with us!! See you in 2019!! Woo- hoooo!!! :) Figs, Dates, and Nuts Overnight Oats is hearty a will keep you powered up all morning! www.cookingwithruthie.com

Figs, Dates, and Nuts Overnight Oats are a mom-loved, easy and healthy breakfast. :)

 [wprm-recipe id="34119"]   This is the last Fit Friday of the year. I didn't want to use this last post to give you another workout. I wanted to take a minute to think about what some of the healthiest changes I made this year. I have worked with clients on getting more water, increasing veggie intake, exercising regularly, etc. All the same old challenges that many of you have done in the past. But this year we also started focusing on something a little different, a little more. We have not said no to any food, treats were fair game, instead we have focused on why.

The challenge has been to get to know your body a little more, a little deeper, and figure out why you crave the foods you crave. Is it a physical thing or mental/emotional response?

This year I am learning more and more how important it is to tune into your body, your soul, and your heart.

Happiness is not in never eating sugar again and working out six days a week. Happiness comes in being completely connected to yourself. Respecting yourself. Your whole self!

Much Love and Merry Christmas, 
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene

Comments