Fit Friday; Primavera Pizza & Low Back and Hip Stretches

Today's Primavera Pizza Recipe is a delightful spring inspired dinner! Our primavera pizza is made with fresh asparagus, red onion, edam and parmesan cheese, olive oil, and a whole wheat pizza dough.  As always, our Fit Friday with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Coaching is today! So happy that she comes every week to share her awesome fitness knowledge with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE! Today's Primavera Pizza Recipe is a delightful spring inspired dinner! by cookingwithruthie.com

Why we love Primavera Pizza Recipe

I'm always in the mood for new pizza creations! I love the Trader Joes ready to cook whole wheat pizza dough! It's simple because it can baked with a variety of toppings. Some days I just love not having to mess with making the dough. My daughter Kate and I ate this whole pizza by ourselves... it was really great cold for leftovers too! I think we were both a little sad when the last piece was gone! (not sure whether it was her or me that ate it) hahah. :) Today's Primavera Pizza Recipe is a delightful spring inspired dinner! by cookingwithruthie.com

What does Primavera mean? 

People are often surprised by how chilly winters can get in Italy, so it's always a relief when the spring sunshine arrives. Primavera means spring – as well as being the name of Botticelli's infamous Renaissance painting. Our primavera pizza is a spring-weather recipe and surely a favorite this time of year in celebration of all things light and fresh. 

Ingredients in Primavera Pizza Recipe

Asparagus- is low in calories and a great source of nutrients, including fiber, folate and vitamins A, C and K. Additionally, eating asparagus has a number of potential health benefits, including weight loss, improved digestion, healthy pregnancy outcomes and lower blood pressure. • Red Onion- is full of sulfur compounds that protect the body from ulcers and various cancers. They can also fight bacteria in the urinary tract. The most important of these compounds is called quercetin - an antioxidant compound that could provide protection against cancer, heart disease and allergies. • Parmesan Cheese- is a good source of protein and fat. It's rich in vitamins and minerals like calcium, vitamin A, vitamins B6 and B12, phosphorus, zinc, and copper. • Edam Cheese- is a mild-flavoured lower-fat cheese, relatively speaking (around 27 per cent fat), but it is by no means the lowest. Enjoy with as part of a meal.  • Olive Oil- is widely recognized as one of the world's healthiest oils. In fact, people tend to live longer and healthier lives in regions where olive oil is a staple part. It is rich in healthy monounsaturated fats, contains large amounts of antioxidants, strong anti-inflammatory properties, may help prevent strokes, protective against heart disease.Whole Wheat Pizza Crust- made with whole-wheat flour (including whole white wheat flour) is healthier than regular white crust, as it offers whole grains and fiber and is digested more slowly than refined grains.

Primavera Pizza on www.cookingwithruthie.com is a quick and easy spring time dinner!

Fit Friday with Nichole! 

  [mv_create key="670" thumbnail="https://cookingwithruthie.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/pizza.jpg" title="Primavera Pizza Recipe" type="recipe"] 

More Pizza Recipes

Enjoy our Primavera Pizza Recipe with all the beautiful Asparagus that's in season right now!



  Fit Friday with Nichole

  The snow is melting, warmer days are coming, and I am upping my mileage. As I am coming out of my winter hibernation my body is reminding me that I need to get some stretches added into my workouts. I know there are some of you that are true yogis, I am not. I think that yoga is great and I would totally do it....if I happen to have some extra hours in my day that I can't fill with kid stuff, house stuff, or reading a good book. 

Yes, yoga is great and would be great for me, but it is definitely not a priority. Stretching and yoga tend to stay on the back burner until necessity forces them to the front.

This week we are talking about a few of my must-do stretches. These stretches focus on my low back and hips, two areas I have found many of my clients also need to give some tender loving care to. 

If some of these stretches aren't feeling quite right some days change them up a bit, just make sure to listen to your body and don't force anything.



 One more thing before you go... We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.  Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: ruthie@cookingwithruthie.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!  

Cooking with Ruthie on Instagram

Cooking with Ruthie on Pinterest

Cooking with Ruthie on Facebook

  Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love! 
Love Always, Ruthie & Madeliene           
 

Comments