Fit Friday; Basil Chicken Alfredo with Zoodles Recipe & SMART Goals

Today's Basil Chicken Alfredo with Zoodles Recipe is the tastiest way to prepare zucchini! I just love zucchini noodles and then add alfredo sauce with fresh basil and chicken, well, it's plain heavenly!  Happy day, it’s Fit Friday! We love hangin’ out with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Coaching! Today's Basil Chicken Alfredo with Zoodles Recipe is the tastiest way to prepare zucchini! by cookingwithruthie.com

Why we love Basil Chicken Alfredo with Zoodles Recipe

Those of you that grow gardens know how quickly a little zucchini plant can produce--once it gets going! When it gets producing like crazy then we have to make just about anything out of zucchini we can think of and then some, right?!   Well, have you made Zoodles?  Zoodles are one of my very favorites and they're so quick and easy to make you'll love it! My awesome neighbor Margot gave me the zucchini in this photo--she's so generous to share her zucchini bounty with us! Today's Basil Chicken Alfredo with Zoodles Recipe is the tastiest way to prepare zucchini! by cookingwithruthie.com

How to make Basil Chicken Alfredo with Zoodles Recipe

  • In a large fry pan, saute onion in butter.
  • When onion is almost tender, add garlic.
  • Saute until all are tender.
  • Reduce heat low to medium heat, stir in heavy cream, salt and cheese.
  • Stir until cheese is melted. (the more cheese you add the thicker it becomes).
  • Add cooked cubed chicken to sauce.
  • Quickly blanch zoodles in a pot of boiling water (30-60 seconds) and strain.
  • Serve chicken alfredo sauce over zoodles, top with fresh basil and parmesan.
  • Enjoy your Basil Chicken Alfredo with Zoodles Recipe!
Today's Basil Chicken Alfredo with Zoodles Recipe is the tastiest way to prepare zucchini! by cookingwithruthie.com

What are Zoodles

Zoodles are noodles made out of zucchini. You simply must try them because they'll be your new fave! I bought a simple-to-use contraption at Walmart called a Veggetti last summer and it was worth every cent!  Making Zoodles is a cinch with it. If you want to see a Veggetti video demonstration that I made Click Here :) 

Basil Chicken Alfredo with Zoodles Recipe




   More Pasta Recipes


Fit Friday with Nichole


 Hallelujah we have made it through another summer and back to school! Don't get me wrong, it has been a great summer with lots of fun to be had but this is momma ready to get back to regular schedules. I am a woman that thrives on a schedule. 

With the start of school also comes goal setting and a second round of resolutions for a  lot of parents out there. I start the summer with good intentions and plans for just how I am going to get in all of the summer fun and keep up with running and going to the gym. During the first week of summer I tell myself, "It is the first week of summer, need to get the kids settled then I will start going back to classes." Suddenly I find myself with two left of summer and saying, "Well, might as well just get back to it all once school starts." That brings me to today's motto, "Next week I am going to hit the ground running."

As I am getting ready to hit the ground running I find myself making goals and treating back to school like a mini New Years. Let's be real, I rarely make New Year's resolutions, I don't like the pressure of making resolutions and setting goals with everyone else. So I guess you could call this my New Years. Happy New Year!!!!

I needed a refresher on making SMART goals, if I skip this part I tend to make very loose goals that really don't a lot of direction and get easily forgotten. For all the parents that can relate, I hope there are a few of you, this week we are doing SMART goal refresher for Fit Friday. 

If you are going to take the time to make goals and not just dream up some hopes make sure that you are doing it right. 

Take these steps and make some goals, both short term and long term goals. 


One more thing before you go... We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.  Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: ruthie@cookingwithruthie.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!  

Cooking with Ruthie on Instagram

Cooking with Ruthie on Pinterest

Cooking with Ruthie on Facebook

  Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love! 

Love Always, Ruthie & Madeliene 

and Nichole

Comments