Fit Friday; Honey Chipotle Chicken Sliders Recipe & "I Am" and a Treadmill Circuit

Today's Honey Chipotle Chicken Sliders Recipe taste amazing plus they're simple to make! Our chipotle sliders have just a few simple ingredients--chicken breasts, Coca ColaⓇ, honey, chipotle peppers in adobo, and a few spices!  Happy to be feeling Fit on Friday's! A healthy recipe + Miss Nichole from  Pure Clean Coaching for fitness trainer tips! For more posts CLICK HERE! Today's Honey Chipotle Chicken Sliders Recipe taste amazing plus they're simple to make! by cookingwithruthie.com

Why we love Honey Chipotle Chicken Sliders Recipe

Our Honey Chipotle Chicken Sliders Recipe are going to help make dinner so simple this week. I love quick and easy slow cooker recipes--they're ready and waiting when we get home at the end of the day of a busy day! Today's Honey Chipotle Chicken Sliders Recipe taste amazing plus they're simple to make! by cookingwithruthie.com

Ingredients in Honey Chipotle Chicken Sliders Recipe

  • chicken breasts
  • Coca-ColaⓇ
  • honey
  • chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
  • dry mustard
  • cumin
  • garlic
  • whole grain slider buns
  • cilantro and cojita cheese, for garnish
Today's Honey Chipotle Chicken Sliders Recipe taste amazing plus they're simple to make! by cookingwithruthie.com

How to make Honey Chipotle Chicken Sliders Recipe

  • Coat ceramic insert of slow cooker with cooking spray, turn to high.
  • Add chicken breasts, combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl, pour over chicken.
  • Cover with lid and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
  • Shred with 2 forks, place chicken back in the juices in slow cooker so it remains moist.
  • Serve on slider buns with a sprinkle of cilantro and cojita cheese.
  • Enjoy your Honey Chipotle Chicken Sliders Recipe!
Today's Honey Chipotle Chicken Sliders Recipe taste amazing plus they're simple to make! by cookingwithruthie.com

Slow Cooker Tips & Tricks

Let's just have a little talk about our slow cookers here for a minute. . . As most of you know I'm a graduate of the Culinary School and one of the classes that's required is Sanitation and Safety. During this class we had an eye-opening chat about slow cookers and how they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
  • If not careful they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
  • Preheat your crock pot just like you preheat your oven so plug it in and turn it to the high setting to get it nice and hot from the start for cooking. After all there is only one little probe heating the whole slow cooker! 
  • Add everything into the crock pot as warmed up as it can be, to cut down on the getting-the-food-hot portion of cooking, this is where you need to be cautious and make sure it is all hot and up to cooking temperature in 2-3 hours.  
  • If food stays between 41 degrees and 135 degrees for 4 hours, then it has to be thrown out because the bacteria and pathogens have had much too much time to grow and a food borne illness is a likely result.
  • If you add meat; be sure it is thawed and NEVER added frozen, if it’s beef or pork brown it first.  
  • Add liquids hot ie: like use HOT water or warm up any liquids in the microwave first then add them in already hot.
  • Spray the ceramic insert with cooking spray to make clean up a snap! It’ll wipe out with no sticking!
Slow Cookers are wonderful things and if we take a couple of quick precautions to keep food safe while using them… they are even better! :)

Fit Friday with Nichole

 This week is our final Fit Friday for February, that means it is our final Fit Friday that is focusing on love. We have talked about love for self throughout the month, that doesn't mean that with the end of the month we no longer need to focus on that goal. We should always be focusing on love for self, with healthy boundaries and understandings of course (but that is a whole different discussion).

For this last week I have a two fold challenge. One of those challenges will include a workout, I get enough people asking me for workouts that I try to keep them coming fairly consistently. But we will get to that in a minute, the first challenge has to do with how you talk to yourself.

I am all about strong "I Am" statements. Some of my favorite include; 


This statement was a strong one for me. For years I found myself being swayed by the thoughts of "I only I..." or "I need to do more" or simply "I am not enough." These messages didn't help me become more, instead I was weighed down and struggled to get anything done.

When I changed my thought to "I am enough" I was able to build, grow, and become my goals and dreams. I was no longer doubting who I was or what I could do. I knew that adding to it was simply that, adding to who I was. Not replacing who I was.


 

I am worthy gave myself permission to have goals and to make plans to achieve those goals. I no longer thought "oh I wish I could do_____like she does." Instead I made S.M.A.R.T. goals and went after them.


So this week, when you hit the gym with this workout or another one of your choice remember that you are worth goals and dreams. You aren't going to workout to become a different person, instead you are going in order as a show of faith in who you are and who you can be.

With that, let's get to this week's workout. It is cold at my house! So I am hitting the treadmill this weekend. I am also extremely busy these days, so my treadmill workout is going to be a circuit workout. Let's get to it!



Comments