Fit Friday; Shredded Beef Tostada Recipe & Safety Tips

Today's Shredded Beef Tostada Recipe is a hearty tex-mex dinner the whole family will love! Our beef tostada with achiote hot sauce & toppings make the perfect combo--add what ya like and leave off what ya don't. Keeps everybody healthy and happy!   Happy day, it’s Fit Friday! We love hangin’ out with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Coaching! For more posts CLICK HERE Today's Shredded Beef Tostada Recipe is a hearty tex-mex dinner the whole family will adore! by cookingwithruthie.com

Why we love Shredded Beef Tostada Recipe

Shredded Beef Tostadas are made even better with our Achiote Hot Sauce! See that red sauce behind the tostada? That's the Achiote Hot Sauce. You can't go without it! Madeliene lived in Mexico for 1.5 years and she says this tastes quite authentic with a nice healthy spin on it. To us, that is the best of both worlds! Real flavor and health wrapped into one! Today's Shredded Beef Tostada Recipe is a hearty tex-mex dinner the whole family will adore! by cookingwithruthie.com

How to make Shredded Beef Tostada Recipe

  • Shredded Beef:
  • Season both sides of the flank steak with 1 teaspoon sea salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
  • Heat a dutch oven or heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat.
  • Once hot add flank steak and sear on both sides.
  • Add sliced onions, oregano, bay leaves, and beef broth.
  • Cover with lid and simmer for 1½ -2 hours or until meat in tender.
  • Drain the meat and let cool, cut into 2 inch cubes and using hands shred the meat.
Today's Shredded Beef Tostada Recipe is a hearty tex-mex dinner the whole family will adore! by cookingwithruthie.com
  • To serve:
  • Layer beef and cabbage on each tostada.
  • Top with remaining ingredients.
  • Enjoy! 

 More Tex-Mex Recipes

Shredded Beef Tostada is a flavorful Mexican dish that will become a regular in your household too!

Fit Friday with Nichole

One year ago this weekend I was hit by a car out on a morning a run. It was a run that was 75% on paved trail but had a couple spots where I ran on the main road to connect over to another trail section. 

On a busier road that was lined with various store fronts I had to cross numerous parking lot entrances and exits. As I was crossing one such spot I made direct eye contact with the cars turning right and left into the parking lot and I briefly looked at the car turning right out of the lot and thought he saw me but not so much. Thankfully he was coming slow out of the parking lot, he looked left to make sure there were no cars coming but completely missed me coming from the left. He hit me hard enough I landed in the second lane and laid there watching two cars and a semi hit the brakes so they wouldn't hit me. I was lucky, no major injuries and still running. It could have easily gone so much worse.

That brings me this week's post, safety tips. These are good whether you are running, walking, cycling, etc.




















If you are unlucky enough to end up in a fight with a car let's also talk hurt vs injured. When I was hit last year my body hurt, but nothing broken and no real injuries besides major soreness and a hip that still hasn't recovered completely. I am just as stubborn as the next person and wanted to get out and run just to prove I could last year. I was in the middle of training for my first ultra 6 weeks later and had a fun trail half marathon planned the next week. First I had to decide my priorities, the ultra, which meant I was ready to not even line up for the trail.  After a lot of rest and hot baths I decided to hit the trails and was going to assess how I was doing with the ultra in mind. I was ready to walk it and even DNF if necessary, thankfully it wasn't. 

First question to ask yourself; injured or hurt? Often if you are hurt you can push through, not the best plan if you are injured. Before deciding if you should head out on your next run here is what you should think through.

Be smart and think long term as you make the ultimate decision to head out on a run or to the gym when your body may not be ready for it. 





Comments