Fit Friday; Core Time

 Happy Fit Friday during this summer loving haven! So far it has been mostly filled with sunshine and fun but also threw in a bit of chaos, rain, and a fever. I really can't complain too much because we have had plenty of smiles to go around.

Fit Friday this week is all about core. I have adjusted my summer plans to get in three solid days of running, two days of weights, and hopefully a walk or something else thrown into the mix. For the most part it is working, but I am keeping expectations low and see everything as a bonus because most summers the weights disappear and running ends up only happening a couple times a week. It does help that I am teaching a treadmill class this summer. That class gets me to the gym so I can lift and it gets in a run. Yay! Extra bonus, it isn't just a run, instead it is a solid speed workout that leaves me feeling accomplished. 

This week I am striving to add in more core. I love to work core because our core is our power house, our foundation. A strong core leads to better swimming, stronger hiking, and the ability to take down the kids when needed. Add this core workout to the end of a workout, I love to throw it on to the end of run when I get home.





Comments