Fit Friday; Single Leg Deadlift

Happy Fit Friday. We are talking about one of my favorite movements, single led deadlifts. Why is it a favorite? I am so glad you asked. Single leg deadlifts allow for me to work strength while also working stability, both are very much needed in my life. One of the biggest benefits for me is to improve hip mechanics.

Single-leg deadlifts work all the major muscles it's two-legged namesake does: the hamstrings, gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, ankles, and the core. While also adding stability and balance. The single leg allows for you to work the weaker side more effectively by simply removing the temptation for your stronger side to take over and do more or all the work.

This is an exercise I love to use in my warm up. It is great at waking up the muscles and getting those fibers activated. 

So let's talk about the how




Comments