Fit Friday; Apple Pie Ice Cream & Keeping Fit with HIIT

Today's Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe is the sweet, cinnamon flavor of apple pie in a decadent ice cream. It's apple pie a la mode in one sweet bite! 

Aaaaanndddd... it's Fit Fri-YAY!  You know the drill-- the fabulous Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is here to inspire us!! 

Today's Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe is the sweet, cinnamon flavor of apple pie in a decadent ice cream! by cookingwithruthie.com

Why we love Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe

Our Apple Pie Ice Cream is made with creamy heavy cream, sweet condensed milk, apple pie filling, and buttery cinnamon pie crust come together in this super sweet apple pie ice cream. 

Apple picking has been a long standing family tradition. Each fall we travel up to the beautiful apple orchards with rows of several types of apples. We taste test each apple in search of that just right apple tree. 

When we have crunched into the perfect apple and scouted out the best tree we fill our basket to the brim with crunchy, tasty apples. 

Today's Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe is the sweet, cinnamon flavor of apple pie in a decadent ice cream! by cookingwithruthie.com

Ingredients in Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe

  • heavy cream
  • sweetened condensed milk
  • apple pie filling
  • pie crust
  • granulated sugar
  • cinnamon

Today's Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe is the sweet, cinnamon flavor of apple pie in a decadent ice cream! by cookingwithruthie.com

How to make Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe

  • Preheat oven to 350F
  • Place pie crust on a cutting board and rub 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon evenly on both sides.
  • Cut pie crust into bite sized pieces, spread out onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 10 minutes. Cool, set aside.
  • In a large bowl whip the heavy cream until it becomes very thick whipped cream.
  • Whip in the sweetened condensed milk.
  • Empty the apple pie filling onto a plate and cut the apples into bite sized pieces, and to the bowl and stir.
  • Stir in the pie crust pieces and 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
  • Place ice cream in a loaf pan and cover tightly with saran wrap.
  • Freeze at least 8 hours or overnight before serving!
  • Enjoy your Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe!
I created a short cut for this apple pie by using store bought apple pie filling. I make my own after we go apple picking, and in the in between times store bought still makes the ice cream to good to resistant.  
 

 
 

Enjoy our Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe this weekend with your family!

Fit Friday with Nichole

As you are reading this, I am backpacking in Virginia and most likely having the time of my life. Enjoying good company, amazing scenery, and wild ponies. One of the things I am grateful for is a body that lets me go out on adventures. I know that I am lucky, but I also know that I work at it and have earned it. 

I have found joy over the years in learning to push myself and see what I can do. I have found that moving consistently makes me happy and keeps me from feeling sluggish. 

This Fit Friday we are putting our hair in a pony tail and heading in for some HIIT style fun (I will be doing this on Monday). Let's do it!



Comments