Fit Friday; Try Something New

 Fall is here, the leaves are changing, and it is absolutely gorgeous up in the mountains. This week I knew I had to get up and see all those colors up close but I wanted to see them without all the extra people and with my dog in tow. 

New trails started calling my name.

I started my not so in depth research using All Trails and Trail Forks, looking at recent reviews, noticing colors in that area, and mapping it all out. Once I picked a loop that fit the bill I compared the trail maps on a couple different forums and made sure I knew where I was going. The night before I told my husband at least ten times and reminded him again before I headed out in the morning, just in case. 

It all came together in absolutely solo perfection.

As an adult I sometimes feel as if I am pigeon holed into the same old things, same old experiences, same old routes. (Please tell me I am not the only one). 

This week Fit Friday workout is a bit different, I am challenging you to push past the same-old-thing and try something new. Why?

Doing or seeing something new can activate our brain and can trigger dopamine pathways, which makes us feel good and rewarded. The sense of purpose, connectedness and growth can improve your body’s defense against infection and disease.

 Simply put, new experiences are good mentally, emotionally, and physically. 



Comments