Fit Friday

We all need to find something that is beyond who we are. Something that allows us to be a part of the greater good. Something that is all about the greater good. This weekend I am helping with a gala for a non-profit organization that does all of that for me.  Exitus.

Exitus is an organization that provides after care for women you have been pulled from, rescued from sex trafficking.  I have the opportunity to mentor a couple of girls along with help at functions like our gala this weekend. 

One thing I have been reminded of as I have had the opportunity to talk with some of these girls is the effect the emotions have on our bodies.
Your emotions affect every cell in your body. Mind and body, mental and physical, are intertwined.~Thomas Tutko

The road to a healthy future for these girls requires work on the mind, body, and soul. Nothing can be forgotten, ignored, or pushed to the side for "later."

For Fit Friday this week I am challenging you to put it all together. Pick a workout, clear your mind and tap into your soul. I have found that I need to do this outside and solo, the gym is too distracting. For me one of the best ways to tap into this is a speed workout. This week I am giving you a speed workout, just in case you have found that cathartic push a speed workout can give, but you can pick any workout you want. 

As you push your body let your mind go and let yourself feel whatever may come. 



Comments