Now to the yummy stuff:
Healthy Cherry White Chocolate Almond Cookies will make your sweet tooth happy in a healthier way!
I love these healthy cookies... they're the perfect grab and go snack or treat. This recipe makes a lot of cookies so I like to keep some in the freezer to take with us on all of our adventures. They're kinda like a soft and chewy granola bar but better cuz they're in the shape of a cookie! (AND they taste waaaayyyy better too) Healthy Cherry White Chocolate Almond Cookies are super easy to make gluten free, if you have that need, just replace the whole wheat flour with your favorite gluten free flour and then make sure all the other ingredients are gluten free. It works great!
Healthy Cherry White Chocolate Almond Cookies
- 7 cups whole rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (5 ounce) package dried cherries
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup milled flax seed
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Coat half sheet pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine applesauce and butter; mix.
- Add brown sugar, and vanilla; mix to combine.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing and scraping bowl with each addition.
- Add flour, flaxseed, baking soda, and sea salt; mix until 80% incorporated.
- Add oats in three small batches mixing between batches.
- Do not over mix.
- Add white chocolate chips, cherries, and almonds; stir by hand to incorporate.
- Drop cookies onto prepared pan by the tablespoon or use a large cookie scoop.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 min or until edges are crispy and lightly browned.
- Store in airtight container.
- Dough can be frozen for two months or last one week in the fridge.
- Baked cookies freeze well for up to 2 months.
- Makes approx 50 cookies.
- *Stevia can also replace the brown sugar in equal parts if desired
We got the goodies now let't talk workouts:
Hello everyone! It is is Fit Friday already. I don't know about you guys but this week has flown by for me. Trying to get ready for Christmas and wrapping up end of the year work stuff gets a little hectic and the days fly by. With that being said let me remind you one of the tips for getting through the holidays without letting fitness completely get lost, get up and get it done in the morning. You don't have any parties, shopping to do, or family needing this or that first thing in the morning! Even if it has to be short because you have a lot going on get at least 20 minutes of something in. Get that heart rate up and going to start your say off right.
With that being said I am giving you a circuit workout today. We are going to combine cardio and weights in a time efficient manner in order to make the most of every minute we have. This can be done inside or outside, it has been freezing cold here (and this pregnant lady has to pee all the time these days) so I am staying inside, but if you can hit the local track do it!
For this workout remember that a 400 m run is equal to one time around a standard track and .25 mi on the treadmill.
400 m run: this is not a jog this is a heart pumping RUN!
30 walking lunges or alternating forward lunges
400 m run
35 walking lunges or alternating forward lunges
400 m run
30 pushups 40 walking lunges or alternating forward lunges
400 m run
Keeping it short and simple. If you complete this and feel great/have more time work your way back up the ladder.