Fit Friday - Chicken and Veggie Saute with a Side Dish of Us

Chicken & Vegetable Sauté with Rice Pilaf Recipe is flavorful, colorful, and delicious! Today, we're sharing a family favorite... our Rice Pilaf is totally kid-friendly then by adding in the fresh vegetables and chicken sauté it's adult-friendly, too! Don't you just love it when you can bring awesome nutrition to the table for your kiddos? Your picky eaters have plenty to choose from with the sauté veggies and chicken because they'll for sure devour the rice pilaf!! It's simple to make any day of the week plus leftovers make for an awesome lunch.  It’s Fit Friday!! We get excited each week when Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness drops by to share her awesome coaching and fitness tips with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE! We are doing somethin' a little different today... We are re-introducing ourselves cause we know it's been a while!! Keep reading. :)  Chicken & Vegetable Sauté with Rice Pilaf Recipe is flavorful, colorful, and delicious! by cookingwithruthie.com

Chicken & Vegetable Sauté with Rice Pilaf Recipe

Hi, hi! I'm Madeliene. I'm one of the Rice Pilaf lovers my mom talks about in the first paragraph. We have LOVED this recipe our whole lives. Mmmm it's so good. I made it for my family a little while ago and it was so fun to make it for them, like my mom used to make it for us. Even my brother, Jake, who was the pickiest eater when he was little, loved rice pilaf. It was, and still is, one of his faves.  Oh, yes. Let me re-introduce myself. :) I am a mom of 2 adorable boys, a dog mom of 2 girl pups, a wife, a blogger, and an aspiring psychologist. I have a huge love for mental health and can not wait until I have my master's degree! I'm on track to apply for grad school this coming Fall and I'm sooo stoked! I danced my whole life... 17 years to be exact. I've always been social. I've always been a bit crazy. I've always loved to cook and to write. I'm an emotional person and I have a tender heart (so does my mom, sister, and brother, actually).  I like to keep it really real around here. I share the happy, the sad, the mental health struggles, the beautiful vacations, etc. We aren't perfect and never will be, so let's just be us and real about it, too! I'm grateful for CWR and I really enjoy baking and cooking with my family. The memories I have in the kitchen with my loved ones, are very cherished. It's super fun that my Carter boy is starting to want to cook with me. :)  Learn more about Cooking with Ruthie here

Love pasta?! Then you'll love these pasta recipes!

Chicken & Vegetable Sauté with Rice Pilaf Recipe is flavorful, colorful, and delicious! by cookingwithruthie.com

Healthy Cooking Tips; Chicken & Vegetable Sauté with Rice Pilaf Recipe meets them all! 

Healthy Cooking Tips:

The main rule of thumb for healthy cooking is to avoid cooking methods that require excessive fat.  Remember to eat a lot of fresh fruits, vegetables, and drink plenty of water too. I try to incorporate healthy cooking techniques and use healthy oils, in moderate amounts, in all of my cooking… I call it “health-i-fying” recipes!
  • Baking: dry heat, below 400 degrees for meat and fish, roasts, and vegetables.
  • Braising: browning the ingredients first and then covering with broth or water and slowly cooking.
  • Poaching: gently simmer ingredients in water or broth, using minimal amounts of liquid.
  • Steaming: quickly cooking foods above a small amount of water,  allows food to retain most of the nutrients. AND when you smell it, it’s done!
  • Broiling: uses intense, direct heat.  Broiling can be done under the broiler in an oven, or over the coals of a BBQ grill.  High temperatures browns and crisps the outside while sealing in the juices.
  • Grilling: use leaner cuts and marinade meat to reduce to the HA formation which may cause colon cancer.  Gas grills are better than charcoal for reducing HA.
  • Sauteing: quickly cooks relatively small or thin pieces of food.
  • Roasting: like baking, but at higher temperatures- using a rack underneath meat so excess fat can drip below.
  • Stir-frying:  quickly cooks small pieces of food while rapidly stirring in a small amount of oil that’s almost to the smoking point.

About Ruthie:

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Ruthie! I created Cooking with Ruthie 9 years ago now and it has evolved into something more than amazing. I'm very grateful for this space and thank YOU for making it what it is today!! I'm a mom of 3, a dog mom of 2, and a food lover! I've ran 3 marathons. I've gone the rounds with food and diets and I'm an intuitive eater to the core. I've also gone through the rounds with life and have had an amazing soul journey! I've grown so much and I wouldn't trade the person I am now, for anything. Adversity makes us who we are and that, should be celebrated! Thank you for following along and for the love! We are always here. Don't ever hesitate to comment or send us an email-- we love to hear from you!   
Chicken & Vegetable Sauté with Rice Pilaf Recipe is flavorful, colorful, and delicious! by cookingwithruthie.com

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 11.18.18 PM.png

You're family will be in love with this Chicken & Vegetable Sauté with Rice Pilaf Recipe!

    Hey there everyone! I am Nichole, the smiling face behind Pure Clean Coaching. The girls from Cooking with Ruthie and I have been as this for a while. We have collaborated once a week to bring you Fit Friday, a post that has some yummy healthy (sometimes its an ish)  recipes and a variety of healthy/fit tips.  This weekend we got together for a YOU day for a very lucky Cooking with Ruthie reader. As we talked we realized how long we have been at this, which means there are probably a few of you out there that don't know me.





Who am I?

I am a mom, a runner, a cancer survivor, a personal trainer, a life coach and so much more. I am a lover of life that just wants to share that love with everyone around me.
I am constantly striving to grow in this world, grow as a woman, a wife, and a mom.







I have four kids, two of which are mine and two bonus girls that I get to love as well. With four kids, a dog, a husband, and my own needs and wants life is a constant juggling act. There are days that I have 10 balls in the air and I have a smile on my face, then there are days that I am struggling to keep one ball up in the air and I look like a mess. It's all ok though, it is life.

You can find out more about me  @purecleancoaching. You can learn more about my cancer story @nicholesbiggestraceyet. I also have another project where you can find out more about me as a mom and stepmom @blendedmatters. Check me out. Follow my journey. Ask me questions. I love questions! And thanks for all the love.







We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: ruthie@cookingwithruthie.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!   One more thing before you go... We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.   
  Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love! 
Love Always, Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene


Comments