Fit Friday; Easy Lemon Sorbet Recipe & HIIT

Today's Easy Lemon Sorbet Recipe is delightfully refreshing with a fun citrus zing! It reminds me frozen lemonade. Our lemon sorbet strain will please the pickiest guest at your summer soiree! It’s time for some Fitness from Miss Nichole over at Pure Clean Fitness for Fit Friday! For more posts CLICK HERE.

Today's Easy Lemon Sorbet Recipe is delightfully refreshing with a fun citrus zing! by cookingwithruthie.com

Why we love Easy Lemon Sorbet Recipe

My favorite thing about this recipe? You can pour it into an ice cream maker OR you can just whip it by hand. Since I don’t own one of those marvelous machines I use the later method. We always end up with light, fluffy, melt in your moth sorbet. Every time. Can you believe it’s that simple? If you want to mix up your flavors you can change the type of sparkling water you use or even add in bits of fruit! We like to sneak in some of my candied lemon slices. It adds a chewy candy that kicks things up a notch. Easy Lemon Sorbet by www.onesweetappetite.com on www.cookingwithruthie.com

How to make Easy Lemon Sorbet Recipe

  • Stir together the lemon zest, water, and sugar in a medium sized saucepan.
  • Bring to a boil and simmer for five minutes.
  • Strain out the lemon zest if desired and allow the syrup to cool.
  • Once it has somewhat cooled whisk in the lemon juice and sparkling lime water.
  • Place in an air tight container and freeze for 1-1/2 hours.
  • Whisk and return to the freezer.
  • Continue to whisk every 30 minutes for 4 hours.
Easy Lemon Sorbet by www.onesweetappetite.com on www.cookingwithruthie.com


 




More Frosty Treats

  --

Fit Friday with Nichole

 As much as I love my kids, the gym break is a much needed respite some days. Taking some time for myself to do something I would like to do without hearing the word "mom" for a few minutes is bliss some days. This summer I have learned to make the most of my workouts and my time, even though I enjoy those solo moments I also down doddle in them. I know (and appreciate) that my kids want me around, at least for now. 

Today we are doing a HIIT workout in order to make the best use of our time. Even though we are trying to get our workout in efficiently you CANNOT skip warm up and cool down. Before you get going on this HIIT workout make sure you spend some time getting those muscles warmed up, a few minutes of cardio and dynamic stretches will go a long way. 



Comments