Ruthie's Grilled Pear, Chicken, Craisin Salad with some salad making tips... I really try to eat a salad everyday! Sometimes, I do really great with this goal of mine and other days, well... I find I'm constantly recommitting myself.
I've found the easiest way to make sure that I'm getting my 5 fruits and veggies everyday is to buy them in easy-to-use forms. I love those baby carrots for snacks or to slice up on a salad. I usually buy bags of mixed salad greens that are ready to use too cuz, lets be honest, I don't want to wash and rinse a bunch of different kinds of lettuce to just make a salad or two for lunch. I also like keeping lean protein in the fridge (even sandwich meat) or in the freezer that's already cooked, individually portioned, and right ready to go makes for a simple salad addition.
THEN the fun part... the toppings! It's easy to keep a variety of dried fruit and nuts on hand, they add a pop of flavor to your salad. I like to add a little bit of a delightful cheese (which can be omitted if desired). Keeping a variety of fresh fruits and veggies around help to make delicious and nutritious salads anytime of day!
Grilled Pear, Cranberry, Chicken Salad and Fit Friday
Recipe Type: Salad
- 2 barlett pears
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons chevre goat cheese
- olive oil or light dressing of choice
- Scrape and coat grill with cooking spray.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Cut pear into quarter, remove seeds, cut each section into 3-4 slices.
- Spray pear with cooking spray and arrange on grill.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side until grill marked, remove and set aside.
- Divide salad greens, chicken, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, chevre cheese between 2 serving plates.
- Drizzle with olive oil or light dressing of choice.
Now let's talk workouts:Hopefully by now you all know that doing 1000 situps a day is not going to give you the six-pack you have been dreaming of. You also have to do cardio to lose the fat covering up those sexy abs and you have to eat healthy. Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie is helping with the eat healthy part. Today I am going to give you some great core exercises mixed in with killer cardio moves to help with that extra calorie burn.
Side Plank Holds: 30 seconds each side
Plank with Corner Hops (also called Bunny Hops): 20x
Frog Hops: 20x
Reverse Ab Curls: 15x
Broad Jumps: 20x
Weighted Situps: 15x
Plank with Center Hops (tuck those knees up into your chest): 20x
Go through each round once. Take a minute to catch your breath and repeat.
Have fun! Work hard! And embrace challenges!
Enjoy Ruthie's Grilled Pear, Chicken, Craisin Salad and Fit Friday's fitness tips from Nichole!
Much love and peace~
Ruthie and Nichole