Happy sunshiny Fit Friday! Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie is here with a fantastic summer recipe. I love salads in the summer, they are perfect for a lighter lunch when I am spending days out in the heat. I can even get my middle daughter to share with me.

Strawberry, Coconut, Chevre Spinach Salad with Strawberry Dressing is a favorite during the spring and summer months! Strawberry, Coconut, Chevre Spinach Salad with Strawberry Dressing on www.cookingwithruthie.com is a favorite during the spring and summer months!
 I'm all kinds of crazy-in-love with strawberries right now! Oh my. They're tasting soooooo delightfully fresh and packed with amazing flavor, I just love when they're in season. **strawberry-coconut-and-chevre-spinach-salad 6
 Of course, even better than store bought is fresh from the strawberry patch but I don't currently have one of those, so I'm really happy with the picks from the store. Strawberry, Coconut, Chevre Salad with Strawberry Dressing is going to be your favorite summer salad too! AND that dressing... is heavenly! Oh my. I love it so much too!! All kinds of love going on around these parts today, I guess :) **strawberry-coconut-and-chevre-spinach-salad 4
Strawberry, Coconut, Chevre Salad with Strawberry Dressing
Recipe Type: Salad
Author: Ruthie
Prep time:
Total time:
Serves: 2
Ingredients
  • 2 cups mixed greens
  • 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
  • 3 tablespoons chevre goat cheese
  • 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
  • Strawberry Dressing:
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup strawberries, halved
  • 1/2 cup vanilla fat free greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Instructions
  1. Arrange mixed greens on serving plates.
  2. Evenly spread strawberries, cherve goat cheese over greens.
  3. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
  4. Strawberry Dressing:
  5. Combine all ingredients in mixer and blend until smooth.
  6. Serve with salad.
  7. Enjoy!
  Strawberry, Coconut, Chevre Spinach Salad with Strawberry Dressing on www.cookingwithruthie.com is a favorite during the spring and summer months! The Strawberry Yogurt Dressing is the best part (well.... besides the chevre goat cheese!) you'll be so happy when you try it! I'm not even joking when I say tell you it's the perfect pairing. Strawberry, Coconut, Chevre Spinach Salad with Strawberry Dressing on www.cookingwithruthie.com is a favorite during the spring and summer months!

Strawberry, Coconut, Chevre Spinach Salad with Strawberry Dressing is a fabulous lunch or first course for your summer entertaining.

Thanks Ruthie. Now let's talk more about great summer time things....

I don't know about you and yours, but summer time at my house means lots of time at the pool.

Between swim lessons and play time we are at the pool almost every day. I find myself wishfully looking over at the open lap lanes wishing I could jump in while swim lessons are going, but baby keeps me on dry land. I know that I am not the only one, I have had clients asking me for swim workouts as well.

Swimming is a great workout and one that you should not be afraid of. I say that because I find a lot of people get intimidated by swimming and swimmers. If you are that nervous I would encourage you to take a swim class yourself yourself or even just hire a private teacher for a couple refresher lessons.

It has been a while since I have embraced the lap lanes of the pool and lately I find myself missing them. That means it is time to get back in the water, not to play but to really swim.
Here is a great beginner swim workout to get you started if you are ready to embrace the lap lane with me.

This workout is set up with freestyle stroke in a 25m lap lane in mind.

Warm Up:
1 x 25
1 x 50
1 x 75

Main Set:
2 x 25 kick

Ladder: take a 30 sec breather in between each distance
25, 25, 75, 100, 75, 50, 25

2 x 25 kick

Cool Down:
1 x 75
1 x 50
1 x 25

Make the most out of your
time at the pool this summer. You will find that the water feels amazing as you get into a great swim workout.

Happy Fit Friday!
Much love and peace ~
Ruthie and Nichole



Comments