Powerhouse Breakfast is filled with eggs, avocado, tomatoes, and olive oil. It'll keep-you-full, healthy way to start the day!
You're getting all kinds lots of healthy omega's, selenium, vitamin D, B's, E and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper, folate, niacin, and phosphorus.
Powerhouse Breakfast will get your day started off with a bang! Y'all know me and that I've got to add in a slice of whole grain toast too! Ohhhhh, I'm so positive that eggs and toast, drizzled in olive oil were made to go together :)
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup petite tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, medium diced
- sea salt
- In a small fry pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan and heat, add eggs and scramble.
- Place on serving plate, add tomatoes, avocado, and sprinkle with sea salt and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
Grab a cup of coffee or milk and enjoy this Powerhouse Breakfast today!I teach a boot camp class with a group of awesome ladies. We have regular 30 day challenges that focus on nutrition and/or fitness. These challenges are meant to help us all stay on track and develop good habits. Our current 30 day challenges are both important and ones that I want to extend to everyone.
1) Drink water!!!!! The goal we set out with was 1/2 your weight in ounces. This means if you weight 150 lbs the goal is to drink 75 oz of water.
Your body will take a few days to adjust to this if you haven't been getting enough water. This means that for a few days you will be making a lot of extra trips to the bathroom. Stick with it! Don't let the potty breaks be a deterrence.
Start getting all this water in when you wake up in the morning and spread it out throughout the day. One of the best things you can do is wake up and drink 16 oz of water. Your body needs it after all those hours of sleep.
2) Mindfully do some sort of fitness activity. Being a mom doesn't count. You can't look at your fit bit a the end of the day and decide that grocery shopping, laundry, or following your three year old to the bathroom ten times a day does not count as a fitness activity. They are all good things, don't get me wrong, but they do not count as a fitness activity. One of the biggest reasons for this challenge is to simply make sure we are all taking a minute each day to focus on us. Doing something for yourself is ok!
This week I encourage all of you to join us in these challenges.
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~ Ruthie and Nichole