Green Chili Black Beans are a savory side dish for your next Tex-Mex dinner!
While we're thinking about Tex-Mex dinners~ lets add some Cilantro Lime Rice, Slow Cooker Sweet Pork, and Homemade Flour Tortillas and make it a real fiesta!
Green Chili Black Beans are a tasty way to serve up any kind of canned bean~ it works great with most varieties. These Green Chili Black Beans will keep just fine in the fridge for up to one week. It's nice to have them in there, actually. We like to make them into bean and cheese burritos or just top them with shredded cheddar cheese and dig in with a bag of tortilla chips :) SO good!!
Green Chili Black Beans
Recipe Type: Side
- 1/2 red onion, small diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (15ounce) cans black beans with juice
- 1 (7ounce) can diced green chilis
- In a stock pot, over medium high heat melt butter and add onions, cook stirring 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook 2 minutes.
- Add black beans and diced green chilis, bring to boil, cover, and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for at least 25 minutes to meld flavors.
- Serve and Enjoy!
The whole family will love these Green Chili Black Beans... you'll be surprised at their rich-full flavor and how many ways there are to enjoy them!
1) Get up and workout! If this hasn't been drilled into your brain yet let me reiterate; morning workouts are ideal. Get up and get it done before the day has a chance to get away from you. Get it done well before it is time to go trick-or-treating. Get it done before the costume parade at the school. Get it done before the kids start crawling up the walls.
2) Remember that exercise is a corner-stone habit. Meaning it is one of those habits that others are built upon. If you get up and workout you are more likely to make healthy eating choices.
3) Start the evening with a solid healthy meal. Lots of veggies before the candy starts calling your name.
4) Pick your favorite and just enjoy a couple pieces. Then put the rest of it away.
5) Remember, one piece of candy does not mean all is lost. You can still say no to the rest of it. You can still get up and workout the next day.
Above all.....Enjoy Your Halloween!