How Often Do You Eat?

Growing up my mom would always call me her baby cow, I could go through a gallon of milk a day and would graze all day long. My entire life I have been a grazer, although I have cut drastically on my milk consumption. I realize some people may be asking what I mean by that, I mean who would want to waste time and have to think about eating all day long while so many others struggle to figure out what to eat three times a day?

For years the fitness industry has been telling people that they should be eating 6 small meals a day. That is key to lose weight. Right? WRONG!!!! 
In 2013, a presentation was made at an American Diabetes Association conference that discussed a study in which people with type 2 diabetes ate two meals a day lost more weight than those eating six meals a day. Both groups were given meal plans with similar nutrient content and caloric levels. 
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/two-meals-day-may-be-better-weight-loss-grazing-6C10423982  

One of the key things I took out of this article is the fact that each individual has to pick an eating plan that is realistic and that has staying power. Being healthy is not about a diet it is about lifestyle changes. If you are trying to get healthy don't do a 180 in how you have approached eating up until then, instead make a couple easy changes that fit into your lifestyle and find the best path for you.

Healthy Eating Habits for Kids - Help Your Children Develop Healthy ...

Comments