A 3 Year Old and The Grocery Store

One of the big things I always preach to my clients is that you have to be prepared in order to eat healthy and live healthy. "If you fail to prepare you prepare to fail."
Forgetting to pack some healthy snacks before a day of running errands often results in waiting and waiting to eat until you are starving and stop at the gas station grabbing a Snickers and a Diet Coke on your way to pick up the kids from school.
Staring into the pantry at dinner time and realizing you still haven't made it to the grocery store this week results in making something from random cans and boxes of stuff you happen to have in the pantry but don't even remember buying. I never buy Beef a Roni....why is it in my pantry?
And that brings me to my present state. Trying to talk myself into going to the grocery store, a much needed trip, with my 3 year old.
To many people this may not sound like that big of a deal. That is because 1) you don't have kids, 2) your kids are all adults and you don't remember this stage, or 3) you have those kids that I look at in confusion as they sit quietly while you are out in public. I do not fit into any of those categories. On top of that my child is fast. I don't mean that like other kids are fast, I mean he is fast! My friends that all have kids watch him and remark "Holy cow, he is fast!" He is also a climber, fearless, and thrives on being told no.
I also have a husband that is currently working 12-16 hour days.
Which brings me to today. I have nothing in my house that I really want to eat and the reality is that my kitchen has been bare for weeks now. I have been doing reactive grocery shopping, running in every few days to grab a few essentials. I am gearing up to take Ryker to the grocery store with me. I have learned in the past I have to have a list in order to do this, I cannot stop to think of what we need I have to be ready to grab fast and keeping moving. If I slow down for too long he climbs out of the cart, running down the aisle with one out stretched arm knocking everything off whatever shelf he can reach.
So....wish me luck.

Comments

Post a Comment