Stop Making Excuses!!!!

Saturdays at my house are chore days at our house. The girls each have to get their bedroom cleaned and one other additional chore. My 5 year old will generally play for a bit in the morning with her little brother, but once she decides to get it done she does. It takes her 30-45 minutes, depending on how much her little brother helps, and she does a pretty good job. Not much complaining or whining involved. My oldest is a whole different story. She doesn't start until she is forced, ie. no more electronics to distract her. The whining and complaining continue the entire time she is cleaning, which takes any where from 2-4 hours and involves lots of whining, complaining, and yes, excuse making. "Its too hard!" "It's not fair." "I don't want to do this right now!" "None of my friends have to do chores."

As I listened to her myriad of excuses yesterday I couldn't help but compare her to a couple of clients I have had along the way. Many of these clients don't last long and definitely don't see results. Results come from hard work and from making changes. I trained one lady for about a year and every week I heard, "It's too hard." She wouldn't push herself, and instead made up excuses for why she couldn't work out more than once a week and why her nutrition sucked! Let me explain a little but about her and why I know these were poor excuses. She got a massage twice a week, she got her nails done every week, she got her hair done once week, and the local bakery knew her daily order. She was simply one of those individuals that did not like to work hard and did not understand what it meant to earn your results.









If you want to get healthier, if you want to see results when you look in the mirror, if you want to feel better you have to stop making excuses and do the work!

Comments