Coconut Lemon Overnight Oats is a bright and refreshing breakfast that soaks overnight so it's right ready to go when you wake up in the morning!
I really love overnight oats or otherwise sometimes known as Swiss Muesli! It's just so fabulous to wake up to and so simple to make the night before. Truth be told, they don't even need to soak for 10-12 hours, if all you have is is couple of hours then it'll be just fine.
I have a couple of other similar recipes... Swiss Muesli and Apple Orange Cranberry Swiss Muesli both of them are delicious! You can tell that whatever fruit and nuts you have can make the perfect overnight oats recipe combination!
Coconut Lemon Overnight Oats
- 1 opal apple, shredded
- 1 anjou pear, shredded
- 2 cup low fat milk
- 1 cup fat free vanilla bean greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup dried berry mixed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp agave, adjust according to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- additional fruit and nuts to garnish, if desired
- In a large bowl with a lid; shred pear and apple.
- Add milk and yogurt; gently stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients; stir until incorporated.
- Rest Muesli in fridge for at least 1-2 hour or allow sit over night.
- Adjust moisture with additional milk if necessary.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with additional fruit.
Ruthie gave us a yummy refreshing workout. Now let's talk about a refreshing workout! Beautiful spring weather is here. It is a time for refreshing our souls after a drab winter that has had us stuck inside dreaming of green grass, blue skies, and fresh air. With that mind today's workout gets us outside, we are heading to the track for a fun overall workout! I love heading to the track for a couple reasons. 1) I just like to be outside. It makes the whole workout feel different. 2) You can still do tons at the track. Your imagination is your limit. I live within a couple miles of two high schools, I just have to decide which one is least likely to be busy when I want to go.
5x up and down bleachers
15 Bulgarian split squats
Run the straights
Walking lunges around the curves
10 burpees at the end of each curve
RPT for 2 Laps around the track
This is a great workout that lets you get outside. I find myself fighting the desire to be outside and working my way into the gym on beautiful days. Don't fight it! Stay outside and love it! If you are like me and often have little ones in tow, take them with you. You can take bikes, scooters, and toys with you. Let your kids see you working out, teach them early that fitness is simply a part of life and it can be a fun part of life.
Enjoy the sunshine and this workout!Much Love and Peace~ Nichole and Ruthie