Banana, Peanut Butter, and Granola Toast will be your new favorite quick and healthy way to start the day!
I really love peanut butter- like I love, love it! All nut butters call to me but peanut butter has a special place in my heart, since childhood I've adored PB&J's and now it's often a part of my morning routines! Peanut butter and Banana on bread reminds me of Elvis, he's the first one I remember loving that combination and making it popular. Banana, Peanut Butter, and Granola Toast are a great way to have a quick and healthy breakfast! Ready in 2 minutes or less- now that's fast!!
I love the Chia Seed Whole Wheat Bread the I found at Trader Joes- it's packed with healthy ingredients plus it's soft and chewy like all good bread should be. Then add more chia seeds with your favorite granola and we are in business... crunchy and creamy all at the same time. YUMmmmmm!
Banana, Peanut Butter, and Granola Toast
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- 1 slice chia whole wheat bread (from trader joes)
- 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons granola
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Toast bread in toaster.
- Spread peanut butter on toast.
- Place sliced bananas on peanut butter and evenly sprinkle with granola and chia seeds.
Banana, Peanut Butter, and Granola Toast will be your new favorite way to start the day!After a yummy recipe to start the day I wanted to keep going with that theme of a great morning. I am a big morning worker-outer! If I don't get it done in the morning it may or may not happen later. I have also found that I feel better starting my day with a great workout.
Here are 5 more reasons to workout first thing in the morning:
1) People that workout in the morning have a greater chance of being consistent and sticking with it. There are not a million other things and/or people demanding attention if you get in your workout while everyone else is still in bed.
2) Morning workouts get the metabolism up and going for the day.
3) Morning workouts increase mental acuity. If you want to read a great book on this I recommend the book Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and The Brain.
4) Exercise is considered a cornerstone habit, it helps with sleeping and nutrition. People have reported that working out first thing in the morning helps to regulate appetite throughout the day.
5) When you workout in the morning it will help you feel "energized" throughout the day.
I am a big believer in ALL of these reasons.
Most of us still have busy lives to get home to and a lot of other things waiting for us. Here is a great workout to get your day started with. This workout should take you about 30 minutes, so it is a good one to get started with if you are trying to switch to working out in the morning. It is also a great full body workout for those mornings when you are short on time.
15 back bridges
3 min of jump rope
Body Weight Workout:
Perform each movement for 30 seconds with no rest between. At the end of each round take a 2 minute breather. Complete 4 rounds (approx 20 min)
1) Squat Jumps
2) Pushups with One Leg Elevated
3) Mountain Climbers
5) Jumping Jacks
Get it done and get on with the rest of your day smiling!Happy Fit Friday! Much Love and Peace~ Ruthie and Nichole