Fit Friday - Smoothies and Traveling

Another beautiful summer Friday! I am packing bags for a weekend trip with 2 littles, trying to squeeze in a run and thinking this smoothie from Cooking with Ruthie looks like some deliciousness I need to add to my day as well. Thanks Ruthie!

   Blackberry Coconut Smoothie is a healthy and refreshing way to recover from your morning workout and get the day started off right! Blackberry Coconut Smoothie on www.cookingwithruthie.com is a healthy and refreshing way to start your day!
 Most mornings I'm just not up for a great big breakfast, honestly. I typically have coffee or a smoothie but pretty much always something light. So, I love to create new smoothie recipes~ this one has coconut milk, greek yogurt, banana, and of course blackberries and coconut. It'll keep you full and happy for at least a few hours! If you love smoothies like I do then click here to out my Smoothie Recipes :)
  Blackberry Coconut Smoothie on www.cookingwithruthie.com is a healthy and refreshing way to start your day!
 As most of you remember Nichole's been my trainer since 2008 and let me tell you.... she's AMAZING! She totally keeps me on track and focused and I love her workouts. Fit Friday is such an awesome (and free) way for you to get her tips and tricks, y'all are soooooo lucky!!!
Blackberry Coconut Smoothie
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Author: Ruthie
Prep time:
Total time:
Serves: 2
Ingredients
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1 cup vanilla fat free greek yogurt
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
  • 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
  • 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (optional)
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Enjoy!
Blackberry Coconut Smoothie on www.cookingwithruthie.com is a healthy and refreshing way to start your day!  

Blackberry Coconut Smoothie is packed with awesome nutrition and refreshing too!

Many of us will have fun summer plans that will take us away from home, away from routine, away from the gym, etc. I myself am going to be boarding a plane today. Everyone will know me by the  people looking at me and praying they are not sitting next to the lady with a 2 month old and a 3 year old. It's ok people, I don't blame you.

A quick weekend trip to see my family, most have yet to meet Nora. Don't get me wrong, I am excited for the visit. I am just praying my two littles travel well.

But I also know that my usual routine isn't going to work for a few days. I rearranged my marathon training schedule so that this week would be a cut-back week and I wouldn't be missing a long run. 



Overall I am not too worried about my workouts because this is a quick trip, but many of you will be lucky enough to get some longer trips this summer. So what do you do to keep it going while traveling?

1) Stuck at the airport? Use the time to sneak in a brisk walk around the terminal. 

2) Stretch when you get to your destination. We tend to get pretty tight after a stressful day of planes, trains, and automobiles reset your body with a few quick low back stretches.

3) Pack the right tools. For me this means running clothes and my GPS watch. 

4) Check out new places. I love to run when I go on vacation because it gives me the chance to see all sorts of different things. I have also been known check out the local crossfit box. Different gyms provide new classes and a chance to step outside your norm.

5) Go fast and hard with no equipment. Sneak in a circuit before you head out on daily adventures. Squats, lunges, pushups, and situps are just a few exercises you can sneak in virtually anywhere. 

New places. New things. New adventures. Get out and enjoy!

Happy Fit Friday!!
 Much Love and Peace~ Nichole and Ruthie

Comments

  1. Blackberry Coconut Smoothie is an interesting drink. Love it!
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment