Roasted Mushroom, Avocado, and Ricotta Salad is a beautiful combination of savory flavors plus it's so healthy and such good nutrition!
Roasted Mushroom, Avocado, and Ricotta Salad has so many of my very favorite ingredients in it... heirloom tomatoes, ricotta cheese, cucumber, avocado, and those roasted mushrooms are simply to-die-for!! Oh my. If you've never had roasted mushrooms you are in for a serious treat!!
About a year ago I was enjoying dinner with friends at a potluck get together and there it was… Homemade Ricotta Cheese to go along with a salad someone had brought. I swear I died and went to heaven RIGHT there! Oh. my. goodness. My Homemade Ricotta Cheese recipe link above gives you step by step photo's and instructions so it's sure to turn out just right!
Roasted Mushroom, Avocado, and Ricotta Salad is a fabulous lunch or dinner... make sure to grab a crusty loaf of bread to enjoy with it too!
Roasted Mushroom, Avocado, and Ricotta Salad
Recipe Type: Salad
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups roasted baby portabella and shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup petite cucumber slices
- 1 cup petite heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced lengthwise
- course sea salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roasted Mushrooms:
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl toss mushrooms with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon sea salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Spread mushrooms evenly onto prepared pan, bake 20 minutes; stirring twice.
- Divide salad greens between 2 serving plates.
- Evenly place cucumber slices, tomato halves, and ricotta on greens.
- Add mushrooms to center of salad and fan avocado slices.
- Sprinkle with course sea salt and serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
We are working on a 10-1 set today. That means you will go through each movement 10 times, start over and go through each movement 9 times, repeat this down to 1 of each movement.
- Triangle sit-ups: this is a weighted Russian twist with a sit-up.
These are 5 fantastic movements that will work that core. Add a yummy salad and you are on your way to some killer abs!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie