Rest

It has been a horrible week as far as sleep and workouts go, My three year old got his tonsils and adenoids out and it has been a week of recovering for him. He refuses to take any type of medication, even though it helps him a ton when we do get it down him. As long as he will eat and drink I don't force it, except at night. The kid would eat glass if I told him he wouldn't have to take medicine. I haven't, instead he has lived off of granola bars and Honey Nut Cheerios. You would think soft foods, but no he sticks to those two things not yogurt, ice cream, or apple sauce.  

He has been waking up two-four times a night and my baby wakes up at least once a night to eat. All of this combined means I never sleep. 

On top of the lack of sleep I have also been going stir crazy with cabin fever. I need fresh air in order to maintain my sanity! So last night I laid out all of my running stuff and set my alarm for 5am. The cabin fever was far outweighing the lack of sleep, at least until my third time getting up in the night. At 4:30, I wearily crawled back into bed, turned off my alarm, and didn't give that decision a second thought. When I got up at 7:30 I was still very happy with that decision. 

I will make up that run tonight or tomorrow morning. Training schedules can be adjusted. And for my sanity and my children's health I needed to be able to adjust that schedule this morning. 
Now....back to wrestling four crazy kids.

Comments