Workout Wednesday - Tabata Style

This morning my husband and I were talking about some different workouts and I realized that we have not done a Tabata workout in a while. Well, today is the day! Which is great because I can get it done at home. My little guy isn't sleeping well, which means I am not sleeping well. And my husband has been busy working away, which means I have to get up early to get in workouts until I am ready to use the gym daycare. My plan has been to start daycare once school started, I realize that is next week and I am getting kind of excited! But for today the plan is to workout at home....Tabata style!

Quick refresher for those that aren't sure what I mean by Tabata style. Tabata is all out for 20 seconds with 10 second recoveries for eight rounds (4 minutes). You get one minute of recovery in between rounds. This is supposed to be a hard, challenging workout.


We are going for 5 rounds today, that will be 25 minute workout plus warm up and cool down.

Round 1:
Squat Hops

Round 2:
Pushups

Round 3:
Lunge-Hop-Switch

Round 4:
Weighted Situps

Round 5:
Plank with Corner Bunny Hops

We have done all of these moves before. Not too difficult but will definitely get your heart rate up!


Comments