Fit Friday - Quick and Dirty Chili With Some Quick and Dirty Running

Happy Fit Friday everyone! Ruthie (www.cookingwithruthie.com) is here once again delivering a great recipe to add to your dinner mix. Then check out a killer treadmill workout to keep you running during these cold winter days,

Quick and Dirty Chili is ready in 5 minutes flat!  Wha- la. Dinner is served!!  Quick and Dirty Chili on www.cookingwithruthie.com is ready in 5 minutes flat! Dinner is served!!
 I love this Quick and Dirty Chili recipe~ it's so simple to throw together in 5 minutes and requires no more effort than opening a few cans, dumping the cans into a pot, and applying heat!!  Gotta love it!  AND there's really is nothing "dirty" about it. . . it's just fun to say it :)  I make this recipe with two cans of each ingredient but you can easily reduce it in half for a smaller group.  It's nice to keep these simple ingredients in the pantry and have for a back up meal anytime!   Quick and Dirty Chili sure has come in handy for me lots of times over the years!  Quick and Dirty Chili on www.cookingwithruthie.com is ready in 5 minutes flat! Dinner is served!! Note-- one of my favorite time saving tips is buying hamburger in larger amounts and browning it all once.  Then freezing it zip top plastic freezer bags.  It's handy to have it right-ready to go in the freezer whenever I need some browned beef!

Quick and Dirty Chili
 Recipe Type: Main
Author: Ruthie
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 6
Ingredients
  • 2 (16oz) cans of Ranch Beans
  • 2 (16oz) cans of kidney beans, drained
  • 2 (16oz) cans of diced tomatoes
  • 1 pound hamburger, browned
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 bag tortilla chips
Instructions
  1. In stock pot brown hamburger, drain.
  2. Add cans, red pepper flakes, and chili powder.
  3. Warm through on medium-high heat.
  4. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.
  5. Enjoy!

Quick and Dirty Chili is tasty and fabulous to whip up in a pinch.

  -- I know many of you h I know many of you hate the treadmill, I do not. In the winter I tend to embrace my treadmill time, I use it to really focus on speed, form, and my Netflix. I have to run early in the morning and just can't seem to embrace running in the dark and cold, I can really enjoy running with one of those elements. In years past I tried to be the hard core runner like so many of my friends, but I found myself focusing on not falling for most of my run. My speeds sucked and my toes were numb. Not fun at all! For those that can't seem to embrace the treadmill I suggest mixing it up, don't get on and aim for a long steady run, get some intervals going and mix it up a bit.
Here is a great treadmill workout to give a whirl:

First you need to find your base pace. This is a pace that is about 75% effort. A solid pace that you can maintain.

35-45 Minute Workout
Warm Up-spend 10 minutes to workup to your base pace.

At base pace:
1 min at: 2%, 4%, 6%, 8%, 10%
30 sec at: 8%, 6%, 4%, 2%

3 min at 0%

RPT 2-3x (dependant on time and ability)

Cool Down 5 minutes
Stretch

A couple things to remember: don't hold on, pay attention to form, and pick a Netflix show that doesn't make you laugh or cry (both make running on a treadmill exponentially more dangerous).

Happy Fit Friday!  
Much Love and Peace~ Nichole and Ruthie

Comments