Stop the Excuses

We live in a world where everyone has an excuse and is looking to blame someone else. I hate saying that, I hate admitting that because I want to give people the benefit of the doubt. We all know that is how kids work. I am constantly hearing, "It's all because of her..." But the blame and excuses go beyond kids, it has become a way of life for so many people. My husband and I own our own business and he is constantly having to remind me that we need to protect ourselves, treat our customers right but do so fully protecting our business. 

I also hear blame and excuses from my clients on a regular basis. "I can't fit in working out because my kids are too busy." "My family doesn't like whole grains." "I can't help it, I am a stress eater." "Things are too hard at home." I am sure you have your own excuses you can add to the list, we all do. And with the holiday season upon us excuses and blame are abundant. Don't fall into that trap!!!!!

The reality...the slap in the face...you are in charge of you! It is hard sometimes, I know, we all know. But getting into a fight with your husband doesn't give you free reign in the ice cream section of the grocery store. And if you do go a little crazy with ice cream it isn't your husband's fault, it is yours!!!

With that being said make your health, your fitness, and your sanity a priority. Life may be busy, but at least 4 days a week (more days than not is the standard rule) fit in 30-60 minutes to workout. Don't stress about your diet being 100% perfect, instead focus on solid nutrition 80% of the time. That gives you plenty of room to enjoy a few bites of your grandma's awesome Christmas cookies.

The bottom line....take charge of your life!

Comments