Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette is my most favorite salad dressing ever! Ohhhh my. It's just so amazing!!
I fell in love with this dressing at one of our local restaurants years ago and it was one of the happiest days of my life the day I was given the actual Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe! Really. You'll be so happy to have it now too!:)
Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette is made with olive oil so it's healthier than most salad dressings. BUT, the flavor, now that's what will totally rock your world! Wowzers. You'll want to have more salads just to eat this dressing. . . and truthfully I love to dip my whole grain artisan bread in it too. Mmmmmm hmmm.
Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Recipe Type: Appetiser
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 1 cup raspberries (preferably fresh)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat, add berries and water; bring to boil, reduce to simmer until thickened and sauce-like consistency. (approx 8-10 minutes)
- Strain raspberries through a fine meshed strainer to remove seeds, gently press to release all juices; set aside.
- In a blender add raspberry puree, mustard, sugar, shallots, and vinegar until blended and aireated; approx 2 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle in oil while blending, to form an emulsion.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with salad.
- (Leftover will keep well fridge for 3-4 weeks)
Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette is the perfect excuse to eat more salads!
First, how do we know it is time to take a recovery day?
1) You are always sore. Some soreness is okay and should not scare you off of a workout. But if your body is not seeming to recover, it is time to think through what you are doing.
2) You are always tired and/or moody. This is a sign that endorphin levels and cortisol levels are out of whack and need a chance to calm down.
3) Heart rate is too high, both while working out and when you are in recovery mode.
I just finished a marathon this week, I know my body needs some recovery. I am stiff, sore, and tired. I would not be doing myself any favors by forcing myself back into workout mode. So what is the best way to recover? How do I let my body repair?
I am a believer in active recovery, sitting in front of the television does not help, in fact it seems to make my body hurt more. It is better to have some light movement and activity. This might mean an easy walk or an easy yoga class (I stress easy here, power yoga is not helping). Get lots to drink and still eat a healthy diet throughout the day.
You might just need one day or you might need three or four. Listen to your body and let it recover and heal before you start getting ready for your next monster move.
Hope your Fit Friday is amazing!
Much Love and Peace~ Nichole and Ruthie