Coconut Banana Cream Petite Cakes are simple and fun to make!
This recipe is great because it starts with a cake mix and then we throw in a couple of fun extras and you've got an amazing dessert! Plus, I worked a little of my "skinnied" magic on them so they taste amazing without all the calories! Win-win!!
Coconut Banana Cream Petite Cakes will be the hit of any gathering you take them to! I shared them with a group of my friends last week and they were all begging for more! Next time I'll just have to make a double batch! :)
Coconut Banana Cream Petite Cakes
- 1 (15.25 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut, divided
- 2 1/4 cups low-fat milk, divided
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) Coconut Cream Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) light whipped topping, thawed
- 3 ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, 2 tablespoons canola oil, eggs, 1-1/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup coconut, and dry coconut pudding mix into batter.
- Divide batter into prepared cupcake pans.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick remove clean from center of cupcakes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine dry vanilla pudding mix, powdered sugar, and remaining milk with whisk for 2 min. (Pudding will be thick.)
- Stir in whipped topping.
- Refrigerate until ready to assemble cupcakes.
- When ready to serve:
- Slice bananas into 1/4 inch angled slices.
- Remove liners from cupcakes and cut in half.
- Place bottoms of cupcakes on serving plate, spread 2 tablespoons of filling on each bottom, add 3 banana slices, a sprinkle of coconut, and place top on each cake.
- Finish with a dollop of filling, banana slice, and sprinkling of coconut.
- Keep in fridge until served.
- (banana's will start to brown with in an hour so assemble right before serving)
Coconut Banana Cream Petite Cakes taste like coconut-banana-creamy heaven in a little cake!
Tabata is a fantastic interval workout that requires maximum effort and produced maximum sweat. I promise your heart rate will get moving and your muscles will enjoy. Tabata requires 20 seconds of all out effort and in return you get a 10 second breather, repeat this cycle 8x (4 minutes). In between each round take a one minute breather, use it to grab a drink and reset your body.
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~ Ruthie and Nichole