Lies

I love going to church and walking out with a new perspective on something, anything. I have found that if I go and listen something will be said that will strike a chord for one reason or another. I sat in church today listening to our pastor talk about dating, marriage, and relationships. When he said a quote that just stuck; the person that will lie to you the most is yourself. 

This quote got me thinking about how I talk to myself and about the relationship I have with myself. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and he is fantastic, I feel very secure and solid in my relationship with him. I also feel pretty secure with the relationship I have with myself, but that most certainly has not always been the case.

I think that we all have moments, days, weeks, or even months of self-doubt. These are times when we doubt who we are to the very core. I have had times where this doubt has rocked me so off kilter I didn't know if I would be able to straighten out again. The lies that sink into my brain, into my heart during those times are certainly the worst lies I have every heard in my life.

I have worked hard to get where I am today. It has taken more strength than I knew I had, but here I am. My questions to you today are: 1) what lies do you tell yourself? and 2) how do you get past the lies to find the truth of who you are and who you can become?  

Comments