Chicken, Black Bean, Cilantro Street Tacos bring the southwest home in this quick and easy dinner!
Chicken, Black Bean, Cilantro Street Tacos are packed with flavor and super simple to make! If you love tex-mex then these have got to make onto next weeks dinner menu! If you want to make it even simpler then grab a rotisserie chicken at the store and you won't have to worry about preparing the protein and it'll be that much faster to make!
Chicken, Black Bean, Cilantro Street Tacos need some salsa to go with them... if you feel like making your own then try out our Pico de Gallo, Pineapple Salsa, or even some Blueberry Peach Salsa would be amazing with them too!
Chicken, Black Bean, Cilantro Street Tacos
Recipe Type: Main
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons cojita cheese
- 12 mini white corn tortillas
- lime wedges and salsa to serve
- in a sauce pan combine black beans, lime juice, and chili powder; cook 4-5 minutes over medium heat to warm, stirring occasionally.
- Heat a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat, warm and lightly toast corn tortillas; hold warm.
- To assemble street tacos layer; chicken, black beans, red onion, cilantro, and a sprinkle of cojita cheese inside 2 corn tortillas.
- Serve warm.
Chicken, Black Bean, Cilantro Street Tacos are delightfully simple and healthy dinner!
I know that Ruthie is an avid yogi, a trait that I admire in her. I am a believer in yoga, but not an avid doer. Instead I am more like a once or twice a year doer. I can always put something else first and yoga tends to fall to the wayside. I am a busy mom of four very active kids, two of which are not old enough to go to school yet. I also have 2 crazy dogs that are everywhere. And we have two businesses that my husband and I run. We have worked it out so that I can do all the office work from home. Yes, I am lucky to do that but it just adds to the busy. So at the beginning of each week I have to prioritize that I can fit in and yoga is always the first thing to go. I recognize that yoga should be one of those things that you can do at home....please refer back to four kids and two dogs, use some imagination and you can figure out why doing yoga at home is not an option.
Today I want to focus on why you (I) should make yoga a priority.
1) Reminds me to breath. I focus on my breathing; how I breathe, why I breathe, and when I breathe.
2) Makes me feel strong.
3) Helps me stay focused. Focused on life, my body, my soul, what is actually important.
4) Reconnects me to my body in a whole new way.
5) A great way to balance out my running and weights.
My challenge to you this week is to make some time to experience yoga. Whether it is the first time or something you do on a regular basis, take some time to reconnect with yoga and what it means to you.
Have a fabulous Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~ Nichole and Ruthie